As part of the ongoing development of the North Bay Symphony and in keeping with our mission to “enrich, educate and entertain”, the North Bay Symphony Society started a school for string students in September 2006.
Calvin Cheng, NBSO Concertmaster; teaches violin and viola
Kay Heuer, a String School Certified Teacher (by T. Jones); teaches beginner violin
Jordan Wyshniowsky teaches violin, viola, cello, and guitar
All of our teachers play in our North Bay Symphony Orchestra.
(MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR TEACHING STAFF)
The North Bay Symphony String School is proud to offer:
- Lessons for learners from 4 years old to 94!
- - Opportunity for great brain development and brain health (MORE...)
- - Highly qualified teachers on violin, viola, cello and double bass
- - Private instruction and group playing
- - Use of the mother tongue approach, creating a close parent/child
relationship, especially for learners 4 years old and up
- - Solo and group performances
- - Great deals on instrument rentals and purchase
The String School studios are located in the Capitol Centre, 2nd Floor, 150 Main Street East, North Bay, Ontario. To book String School lessons, please call: (705) 494-7744
The NBSO Board of Directors has produced a 12-minute educational video for teachers, children, and parents/guardians in which they seek to introduce the viewer to the North Bay Symphony Orchestra, the String School, and the Youth Orchestra. They have also developed a set of discussion questions which can be used in conjunction with the film.